Monday, February 9, 2009

Honored

Saturday night, Durango Fire and Rescue held its annual awards banquet, a night of fellowship, dinner, awards, and music. The fire department does this every year with all of our families present as well. It was wonderful being able to applaud and honor the recipients of several awards. I then was completely honored, humbled, and shocked as I was presented the Firefighter of the Year award. This award is decided on the votes from all of my colleagues and peers. I was also presented with a certificate of recognition from our training division for putting in many hours of instructional time with my fellow and brand new recruit firefighters.
Being a part of a department like Durango Fire and Rescue is an incredible adventure for me. I am absolutely honored to be able to hold a position within this department and in our community. To all my fellow team members in Durango, it is a privilege to work along side of you. THANK YOU for all your support and for choosing me as your firefighter of the year.

4 comments:

  1. You've always been firefighter of the year in our family, but it is wonderful to see you getting the public recognition we all know you deserve! We are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome for voting for you. I called everyone there and threatened them to within an inch of their life that they better vote for you or else... ok i did not. :) Congrats man that is very aswesome about being firefighter of the year. You are the man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you are living the dream and getting recognized for it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we are blessed to know and love the firefighter of the year! How cool are we? Do we get something for knowing you? :) JK We are so proud of you! What an accomplishment. You rock!

    ReplyDelete