Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tankful Tursday (yes the "h" is left out for fun)!

I (Steph) am digging the idea of listing a few things I'm thankful for TODAY!

* I'm thankful for people who research health and medicine. Because of these people, there's so much to learn about a developing pregnancy. I'm so very appreciative for the people that have taken the time and interest to research and write about it all. Information has come a long way.

* I'm thankful for Sonic coneys and chocolate shakes that feed my prego cravings for that apparently scrumptious (at the moment) unhealthy fast food. One more week, and it's time to crack down again on the eating habits :)

* I'm thankful for great conversation. I'm definitely a one-on-one kind of gal and had a great chit chat with a co-worker/friend this morning. I feel refreshed with those people you can be real and "unchurchy" with.

* I'm thankful for the community and love I still feel from my far away Oklahoma crew since we've announced our pregnancy. They've all sent ecards, emails, and Facebook congrats that have made me feel very loved, not to mention they LOVE my hubby. Not that our Durango crew hasn't shown excitement and care, it's just encouraging to STILL have such a connection from a place that was home for so long.

* I'm thankful for my Nanny Carol's weekly emails. We love to chit chat about anything and everything. It brightens both of our days to keep up with each other.

* I'm thankful for my husband's work shift. The people on this shift work awesopme as a team together, even cooking and eating together. They're almost like a second family in some ways. For me that is very important to know that they really do look out for each other and work hard at taking great, efficient care of people that need help. This is a comfort to know when it comes to his type of work.

* I'm thankful for Study Buddies each week that has given me an opportunity to help mentor a kid, in the 9R district, academically and build a friendship. He's a cool kid!

* I'm thankful for boundaries. I'm still learning to implement them when needed, but what a great concept to live out that helps keep some situations that happen in life in check.

* I'm immensely thankful for time. Time to learn to forgive and what forgiveness really is. Time to adjust to a wonderful new life here in Durango with my husband. Time to learn to build new friendships. Time to relax and have fun!

* I'm thankful for the small group we've connected with. It's perfect for Mike and I both to get to know people better in a small setting. It's great because these people are quality people who love to have fun!

*Lastly, I'm thankful for canned peaches. They are my FAVORITE at the moment when it comes to fruit...num, num!

2 comments:

  1. And we are so thankful that you have become such an amazing part of our lives. And that you've joined the Thankful Thursday nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durango would not be the same with you. Team Krupa is truly a gift to us all. I know it must be hard to be so far away from your Oklahoma crew. I am SO thankful you are coming to our small group and especially that we get to talk "pregnancy" stuff together. If you ever need anything.. email me on FB... I'm an email addict too. lv, jen

    ReplyDelete