Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our new Car......Part two :(


So yesterday morning as I (Mike) was driving to work, a vehicle slid sideways in front of me. Unfortunately I was unable to miss the truck and wrecked our new car (I almost made it to work, only about a 100 yards to go). Kind of a bummer feeling wrecking a car, especially only owning it for 5 days. Nobody was hurt so that is obviously the positive side of the incident. The car pretty much needs a new hood, bumper, grill, lights, side fender, hood, maybe a door, radiator, etc.
Oh well though, its just a car right!
Oh ya, and kind of a funny story to go with this one. This was a used car that we bought and the dealership had only one set of keys for it. We talked to Honda just the day before and ordered a new set, but do not have them yet. Anyway the tow truck driver dropped off the car at the body shop and accidently locked the keys in the vehicle. I actually started cracking up on the phone when the body shop was telling me this. I think he thought I was crazy. The dealership we bought it from was going to put in a new windshield today (was agreed as a part of buying it from them) so I told him to just cut a whole in the windshield to get the keys out. I think at this point he thought I was crazy again :)

2 comments:

  1. NO way! I can't believe it. What a bummer! So sorry to hear that the "new baby" is at the Dr. Kale was very impressed with the picture and asking tons of questions. It was definitely a blog-worth story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer; but at least you could laugh at the whole thing. I probably would have... it was always good to keep your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete