Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas time is here...



This year we got our tree up the day before Thanksgiving, which is a first! We didn't quite have the rest of the house decorated completely until the weekend after Thanksgiving. Christmas is my husband and I's favorite time of year! This year we get to enjoy the blanket of snow in our little mountain town. (Our apartment is upstairs to the left)


Since I'm totally a list person, here's a few of my personal favorites I'm enjoying this season:

*Christmas movies: Home Alone 1 and 2, Charlie Brown Christmas, White Christmas (love, love the dancing), and Elf (LOVE Buddy the elf) are my favorites this season!
*Christmas music: Silent Night, hands down makes me cry EVERY time I try to sing along. No, it's not because of my voice, but I really get choked up picturing the serene moment where Jesus was born, and then I think about how dear Jesus is to me, so very dear to my heart. Tears are coming now.

Christmas traditions: This is our first year together as a family of 3 and I'm excited to think about things we can start to do together, our FAMILY. So exciting! For Christmas Eve, I hope we can go to our church's Christmas Eve service, drive around looking at Christmas lights while drinking hot cocoa and listening to Christmas music, and at home read Christmas stories together cozied up by the fireplace. Lastly, we'll snuggle (I seriously LOVE Elf).

Christmas morning maybe we can make a tasty breakfast, help Kaiden open gifts that family have sent, and then we'll probably head to Mikey's parents to celebrate the day there. I also like to think of fun things we can do with Kaiden as he gets older to help people in need, teach the true meaning of Christmas, and have fun with Santa and reindeer.

Christmas presents: We can't afford any this year (a soon to be post coming about that) except sending my family members a cute framed pic I'm posting here and then the names we drew on Mikey's side of the family (their tradition). We so enjoy giving to people we love, but this year we'll express our love a different way than a gift. Maybe we'll call each person and sing to them-ha! So our Christmas present is the joy of being together with our new son! I don't mind, I'm pretty fulfilled with just him and my hubby when it comes to having my heart's desires.
Christmas commercial: Yep! There's one about Kay Jeweler's this year. It's a mom rocking her baby early in the morning and the dad coming down to check on her. Plugging the Christmas tree lights in, he somehow talks about how it's just not "any" Christmas morning, but it's their first Christmas morning as a family. Tears. Now, again. Makes me tear up (happy ones) every time I see it...because that's us this year! No I don't need diamond earrings :)

Well, that's all the time I have tonight. I still need to post pics of a few cute ornaments we were able to get/were given this year and thoughts I have on the Christmas story itself.














No comments:

Post a Comment