Monday, December 7, 2009

Welcome to the random thoughts in the mind of Steph

Here I am waiting for my hubby to come home early. He pulled his back on a fire call tonight, had to go to the ER (protocol even though he's just sore) and has to not work the rest of the evening. I SHOULD go to bed and sleep while K is, but I want to make sure Mikey gets comfortable, plus what better to do than enjoy blogging a random thought... or two?

So I've been thinking about the whole "Santa" fairytale that is big during Christmas and have come to a pretty amusing perspective the past week. Take aside all the fuzziness and fairytale-ness of "Santa" and what do you have?

An obese old man who "sees you while your sleeping", "knows when you're awake", and "knows if you've been bad or good". Plus, you better watch out and not cry? To top that, he so desperately wants to get into your house (bringing gifts of course because he stalks you and knows what you like), that he comes right through your chimney. Why not knock or use the spare key?? You know...with him going down your chimney that's an insurance claim waiting to happen. Either a) because he's old he'll break a bone, or b) he's no Skinny Minni and there's a chance he'll get stuck or his tooshie caught on fire. We all can imagine what happens from there.
Yep, Santa sues chimney owners for not having wide enough chimneys to deliver those gifts.

Nope, he doesn't sound creepy at all. Ha. Then I also think to myself, if Santa slimmed down, would America? Is he promoting obesity with his " belly like a bow full of jelly"? Hello Santa, bellies like a bowl full of jelly (aka JELLO) are SO not "cool" in our society. I wonder if marketers tried the idea and slimmed Santa down, would that motivate children and adults alike to be less obese and more in shape like Santa. How 'bout leaving Santa a granola bar and ice water instead of milk and cookies? Maybe that would cut back on the growing diabetes trend in America. Eh??

Of course, I'm just kidding! It's kind of fun to strip a fuzzy warm character down to reality. It's my sick humor. In real life, I probably wouldn't care for the stalker/obese man that songs portray Santa to be. Although St. Nick was a good man who really did help people.

Anyone reading this just might be thinking...poor Kaiden, he'll have such a twisted view of Santa. No worries, we'll have fun silliness with the whole Santa "thing" and I'll definitely keep my cynical humor to myself. I do LOVE Christmas time: the stories, the lights, the music, the real Reason we celebrate, and even the fun silliness that is Santa!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, thank you for the crazy twisted view of Santa :) You're hilarious Steph!

    ReplyDelete