Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ahh, my 7th grader

Today I took my 7th grade class to Starbucks to enjoy a tasty beverage out of the classroom and discuss life and a homework assignment! There's only one girl in my class, and with the questions she was asking me it seemed like she didn't order on her own much. After we hashed out ideas, she started to tell me what she wanted and started to hand me her money. So I told her ok, just tell the person behind the counter what you just told me, and YOU give them the money. It was her first time ever in a Starbucks! Crazy, huh? I suggested a hot chocolate to her because she wasn't really a coffee drinker. Thankfully, she had drank hot chocolate before. Whew!



So as we are in line, we're standing in front of the pastries, and I am recomending different ones to her (I used to work there and did lots of sampling-yum!). After I pointed out a few I thought were delicious, she said "So that's why you brought us here, so you could eat all of these. Ya know, my older sister eats stuff all the time she shouldn't eat."



I'm thinking but not speaking: Say what?? Oh honey...



I nicely replied that I wasn't going to get anything to eat, just a drink. I honestly think she thought I was going to mow down on pastries!




1 comment:

  1. Oh no she didn't... um hummmmm(my daughter says this with lots of attitude)... ahhhh kids say the darnest things. You should have just climbed over the glass case grabbed the latex gloves and just started shoving all of the pastries in your mouth telling her how wonderful each one tasted. While all the time not messing up your beautiful new hairdo! :) I am laughing as I type. Thanks for this funny story! peace! - jen

    ReplyDelete