Friday, November 6, 2009

My never ending girly project

A woman's hair...is a forever project! At least in my world. I think the majority of women do this, but I'm always looking for new ways to cut/color my hair. My latest dilemma? I've been growing my hair out for sometime, and it's long and healthy now except... I never fix or wear it down! I always put my hair back because of my new lack of time (due to motherhood) and my hair takes forever to blow dry, especially being longer. That's my big complaint about thick hair, but at least I'm not balding. For that, I'm seriously thankful. Anyway, up here in the dry Colorado air, I can't quite get the natural curl going like I used to sport in Okie country. That's the ONLY nice thing about humidity is the plus for curly hair. So now I personally like my hair straight , but it takes way too long these days.


The solution? A fresh hairdo! I'm consider a longer bob but then I can't pull it back at all. Maybe something a bit past the shoulders instead, or maybe just a healthy trim? Whatever I do, it needs to be something that I can fix easily. That's why my thought is to lose some inches because then it doesn't take as long to dry and my CHI straightener does a kick-A job to straighten in minutes! I shouldn't do something too short because double chins are quite prevalent in my family, and I still need to lose a few baby pounds in the next few months. I've also read that heart-shaped faces should stay away from choppy layers (definitely!) and blunt cut bangs, instead I should do a side-swept bangage (is that a word? sound kind of kinky?)


Mikey will chuckle reading this because I'm always threatening/brainstorming about my hair...chopping, going blond, getting bangs. Blah, blah, blah. I'm all talk! I myself am amused because I'm realizing it will probably be a life process to find the hairstyle that makes me happy simply because my life will always be changing; therefore, my hair will be too. Right?


I'm really not a vain person, just a nearly 30 year old (gasp!!) needing a new 'do and what better way to brainstorm than to blog, mainly to amuse myself! Tonight, I think it's relaxing to write.


Here's the style I like the best so far. I might do a longer version of it, not the color. I also bought a hair mag from Walmart today. I'm a visual type of girl and need a pic. A week from Tuesday, we'll see what happens!!


2 comments:

  1. I like this cut...a lot! I know what you are saying about the curls. I am straight ( I mean my hair) all the time now. I also am a big fan of my CHI straightener. Definitely one of the best gifts David ever bought me. My friend Courtney recently had a lot of inches cut off. She's had LONG LONG hair since college, so I was suprised when she cut it. She just had a few inches cut off and long layers put in. It looks good. Anyway, I think you look best with side swept bangs and hair just past your shoulders. That way you can still pull it back. However, I do my short hair pretty quickly in the morning with my straightener...so you could probably do shorter still and be ok.
    Miss you!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cut! I am right there with you Stephanie. I love looking at new haircuts pondering them, thinking about color and amusing myself in this way. I also have a husband who has loved every haircut I have ventured into. I'm 38 years old and I think I have had every cut imaginable. Kudos to you for stepping out and reviewing your options. Hair grows back... that's what I always say! Go for it! Your a beautiful woman no matter what so whatever you pick will be great! Can't wait to see it! PEACE! lv, jen

    ReplyDelete