Monday, November 2, 2009

The guessing game

So I have to admit...about a half hour after blogging a doting post about my son, he then began to meltdown for the rest of the day and well into the evening. I then began the guessing game :)
Mike had gone to help his dad work on putting up his new shop before the next snow comes. So Kaiden and I spent the day together. I had to get lesson plans done for the week. I start back teaching on Wednesday.
Yesterday morning we went to church. Kaiden dozed off during worship but then woke up during the sermon and wouldn't settle back down. So that's the first nap interrupted and shot. Then I fed him when we got home, and he fell asleep for a 30 minute nap and wouldn't settle back down again. From there it was all down hill. In fact, my nerves were shot by the time Mike got home because I had never had Kaiden seriously freak on me that badly. He got so worked up whether I held him or laid him down.

Of course I went through the checklist and so begins my guessing game...

Was he hungry? nope, he had a great full feeding

Was he wet/dirty? nope, just changed the d before putting him down

Was he in pain? really didn't sound like it, but I gave him a bit of gas medicine in case it was something I ate to make his tummy hurt

Did he need to burp? nope, tried that several different times

Did he want to be unswaddled or swaddled? no clue, he cried either way

Was he exhausted? YES! Beyond exhausted because he usually naps an hour and a half at each nap and hadn't had one of those from 10 am to 8pm.

So my final conclusion, come today, was that he was so tired he didn't know what he wanted AND possibly had a tummy ache after all. He had a couple of poopy diapers in the middle of the night that were had a tad bit of green tint, which means something probably did upset his tummy. Maybe it was his being so worked up? He slept awesome all night and is napping better today, but I'm not going to dote too much because it's only 1 in the afternoon and he could prove me wrong, as cute as he still is :)

And so the guessing game continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment