Sunday, November 29, 2009

One last catchup story

Kaiden is the first grandchild for both my parents and Mike's parents. He's the first GREAT grandchild for my mom's parents and for Mike's Grandma Krupa. So inevitably, there'll be quite a bit of spoiling and loving for the little man! I don't' want to forget the many blessings we received when Kaiden was born. Both Mike's immediate family and extended family have sent cards and gifts galore to welcome our son!
When Kaiden was born, he was very blessed to have Mike's grandparents, parents, brother, sister, and brother-in-law here to meet him. Mike's grandparents and parents were both quite generous! The great grandparents bought us a jogger stroller/car seat combo. It's so deluxe and perfect for our mountain town home! Mike's parents also blessed us with a baby swing, a pack-n-play, and the funds to get a very nice backpack as our diaper bag. Here's a few pics of Kaiden's great-Grandma and Grandpa Sinclair and his grandparents: Nonna and Grandpa.

(Mike's Grandma and Grandpa Sinclair with Kaiden)

(Mike's mom and Kaiden)

(Mike's dad and Kaiden)


A week and a half later, my grandparents were able to bring my mom with them for a visit to meet the new grandson/great-grandson. My mom stayed with us and was super helpful with dishes, laundry, and rocking Kaiden lots. She brought Kaiden several books to start on his collection. She's a librarian and finds amazing deals on book selections. My dad couldn't take anymore days off this year because of a back surgery he had. So he didn't get to meet Kaiden on this trip.

(My mom, me, and Kaiden)

(a four generation pic)

I enjoy a great friendship with my grandparents (Nanny and Papa). They've always been very involved in my life since I was little. It was a treasure to see them meet their first great-grandchild. They spoiled us too in helping us buy Kaiden's nursery furniture and the wonderful Baby Bjorn carrier. This was the first time my family had been able to come back for a visit since the wedding (which was a whirlwind/busy time). This time we were able to take walks downtown, a drive to Silverton, and eat at Serious Texas-which all Oklahomans that visit seem to LOVE. I was still so very tired, sore, and adjusting, but it was a good time overall. I felt very loved they took the time to come meet our son!

This January Kaiden gets to meet my brothers and sister-in-law: Uncle Zack, Aunty Meg, and Uncle Joe! It'll be very exciting to have them come here! Kaiden is very blessed to have family in his life who love him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment